Monday, May 2, 2016

Orange Orange

This weeks Color Dare Challenge #191 is all about orange!  I have been coming up with cards using butterflies and the Your Own Kind of Wonderful for this month's card kit so added an orange one to the group.  I used Sorbet, Sunset and Poppy.  The colors look so much better in person!  I heat embossed the three butterflies in white then used sponge daubers to add the three colors.  It was mounted on orange ombre paper from Sangria.  It is embellished with coral sequins and the sentiment was stamped with Poppy ink..





Orange is not a color that I use often, so thank you Color Dare for this challenge.  I am enjoying the challenges!  Thank you design team for the inspiration!


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Marilyn! I love how you sponged the background in all three orange colors--it came out so beautifully. Thanks for inspiring us at the Color Dare challenge this week!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at Color Dare this week, your background is beautiful with the rainbow of the color challenge, and your white embossed butterflies are stunning. Please come back Friday for a very colorful combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Your background turned out beautifully! Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the ombre look of the background. Thank you for playing along with us on Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete